Sometimes the cause of a computer fault isn’t easy to identify.
Our policy is to use the first half-hour for assessment before proceeding further. If the problem is fixed within that time, then a minimum repair fee will be charged.
If we can’t fix it in the first half hour we contact you before proceeding with the work. During this time we will let you know what we have found and whether it is economical to repair the computer.
Some of the things that will save money on your repair bill, and help the technician fix the computer quickly, are
- Making a note of any unusual computer behaviour just before the problem occurred
- Taking a picture, or writing down any error messages
- Telling the technician what happened just before the problem happened, eg. “There was a loud bang and then I noticed a foul smoke smell. After that the computer wouldn’t work. “
- Telling the technician if you hear the computer making any strange noises.
- Show the technician what is happening if the computer is still in working condition.
No matter how small or insignificant it may seem, it is better to let the technician know. This could save hours in repair time which saves dollars on the repair bill.